AF COOL Certification Opportunities No-Cost Education
If you are Active Duty Air Force, Air Force Reserve, Air Force National Guard, or US Space Force personnel, you may be eligible for up to $4,500 in financial assistance from the Air Force Credentialing Opportunities Online Program. Part of the AF COOL service is designed to provide assistance in earning certifications and licenses to help augment your skills in the Air Force, prepare for advancement opportunities, as well as help transition into civilian careers. MedCerts offers approved online programs in healthcare, IT, and more.
Air Force COOL The Details
- Amount: up to $4500 available per lifetime per Air and Space professional
- What Schools Qualify: Civilian credentials and licenses through approved credentialing agencies.
- What Can Funds be used for?: payment of credentialing expenses for classroom, hands-on, online/blended training, study guides, materials, textbooks, fees, exams, and/or recertification of credentials.
- Who Funds it?: The Department of Air Force through the Department of Defense
MedCerts AF COOL Approved Programs Your Education Journey Starts Here
Healthcare and IT are high-demand civilian career fields with double-digit growth projected over the next 10 years. Use your AF COOL funds to pay for approved training programs in these growing industries through MedCerts.
AF COOL Program Eligibility Service members must meet these requirements:
Regular Air Force
Active AF Guard/Reserves/Space Force (AFRES, ANG, USSF) pursuant to Title 10 or Title 32 (502F)
Possess a 5-skill level in their Primary Air Force Specialty Code
Do not have a UIF, are not on a Control Roster, and are current on their most recent Fitness test at the time of application
Have a profile in AFVEC with an approved credentialing goal
Must obtain supervisor approval and complete the entire credential while on active duty status
When am I not eligible?Who Is Not Eligible?
Air Force family members
Non-Air Force branches
Air Force COOL Program Contact Info
Applying for Air Force COOL The Process
How to apply for Credentialing Assistance:
- Explore AF COOL Credentials you may qualify for through the Air Force Credentialing Opportunities On-Line site
- Create an Education Goal through your AFVEC account
- Start a funding request
- After AF COOL approval from your supervisor, begin your training program or schedule your exam
- For step-by-step instructions, visit the AF COOL site’s How To Apply section
AF COOL + MedCerts We’re an Approved Vendor
We’ve been an approved vendor for Army credentialing assistance since the Army COOL program launched in June 2019 and an approved Air Force vendor since November 2022. We’ve received an 8.5 out of 10 average rating from Military CA students. Additionally, MedCerts has repeatedly been recognized as a Military Friendly® school by Viqtory Media for our work with MyCAA and Military students.
Air Force COOL Approved Vendors Find the Right Fit
There are 800+ credentials approved for AF COOL – including MedCerts programs. When choosing a vendor, consider the format of their program (online vs in person), if their training leads to in-demand careers, and what type of support they provide students. You can find a full list of Credentialing Assistance approved vendors through the Air Force COOL site here.
COOL Approved Credentials What to Look For
Credentials are a quick way to learn a new set of skills and gain recognition through certification. MedCerts certifications take 6 months or less to complete and cost less than $4000 – fully covered by your AF COOL funds. The COOL program states that “DAF members can only receive tuition assistance on approved credentials” found here. Programs are selected based on their ability to help with growth within your military career or create better opportunities in civilian careers after service.
Student Support With Military Expertise
MedCerts understands that those serving our country often have different priorities than the average student. That’s why our Military Enrollment team is built of people with experience in the armed services, including many veterans. They are experts on the COOL program and can help you create an education path with your priorities in mind. AF Credentialing Opportunities Online Program resources are available through on-base Education Centers and the Air Force COOL website.
GI Bill & FAFSA What Are Your Education Benefits?
- GI BILL: AF Credentialing Opportunities Online are not a part of the GI Bill program and are funded separately. MedCerts is not approved to accept GI Bill funding.
- FAFSA: The Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) is used to determine government financial aid opportunities for prospective and current students. MedCerts does not accept FAFSA funding.
MedCerts Expert COOL Consultants Here for you
Ready to get started? Fill out the form below to talk to an Air Force COOL Expert today. Our advisors will assist you with choosing the right credentials to pursue and guide you through the COOL process.
*MedCerts is an approved vendor of the Air Force Credentialing Opportunities Online Program, but the Air Force, Department of Defense, and Department of the Air Force are not affiliated with MedCerts and do not endorse our services.